Thursday, April 3, 2008

I should've stayed in bed today...

What a morning we had! Changing Sam's diaper is beginning to look a little bit like a WWF wrestling match these days. I usually win, but he can definitely hang in there with me for a few good rounds. This morning I decided to change his diaper in the playroom. Usually a safe bet because I have enough toys within arms reach to distract him, but he was in unusual form this morning...as fast as a speeding bullet! As soon as the diaper came off he performed a quick flip that I just couldn't reverse and then preceded to run to his new coloring table that he decided to pee on! Of course, being the boy he is he thought that was pretty funny! I went to wipe up the chair and no sooner did I get a wipe out he was grunting in the corner of play room. Yep...pooping! Nevertheless, pooping and walking...he is so talented! When I told him to "Come here", he decided to backtrack which meant stepping in all of the poop and squashing it into the carpet. I picked him up and the fight continued...poop all over my arms, pants, and shirt. I threw him in his crib with some toys while I disinfected the entire playroom and then gave him a thorough cleaning. I would say he won that match! Sam-1 Becky-0

5 comments:

Mighty Men said...

Wow, Daniel and I were laughing so hard. I feel for ya! Hang in there!

noah said...

yeah, i laughed a lot... mental images are priceless.

Kelsie said...

Becky...you are scaring me! It's stories like those ones that make me nervous about having a boy!! Luckily all your other posts show me how sweet and loving boys can be too!!

Adam, Allison, Kaitlyn and Lauren said...

Becky....I had a similar experience with Kailtyn the other day. We are introducing the big girl potty, so I was letting her run around with her diaper off for a short while. I ran into the other room for a second and heard a flush. She had pooped on her carpet, picked it up and flushed it down the stool herself. Priceless!!!! I loved reading your story!

The Gutierrez Gang said...

haha I love it! Even though I'm sure in the moment it was exhausting in the end it makes for great memories! I can't wait to experience all the highs and lows of this thing called parenthood!