Friday, July 13, 2007

A year ago today...

Exactly one year ago today my beautiful wife went to the doctor for "lead poisoning" and came home a soon-to-be mom! For several weeks, which turned into 9 months, she had been experiencing morning, afternoon, and evening sickness. After 10 months of trying to get pregnant you would think that I would be prepared for the wonderful news. How wrong I was; I can still remember the rush of emotion when Becky told me I was going to be a daddy! It was one of the most exciting and scary days of my life; only rivaled by when Sam was born. During the previous ten months of trying God had tested our patience and showed that in His perfect timing miracles are created. Looking back my favorite part of the pregnancy was the day we found out we were having a boy! I was thrilled with the thought of future t-ball and football games and relieved that Becky's shopping impulses would be greatly reduced. I also remember watching my tiny wife's stomach take on a life of it's own. Any husband will tell you how gorgoues his wife is while pregnant, just proving how truly amazing pregnancy is!
One year later that day seems like a lifetime away. Parenthoood is the greatest joy God has given me and Sam is more wonderful than I could have imagined a year ago. What a blessing Sam is!

2 comments:

The Mama said...

I can't believe it's already been a year! I know how much you both wanted Sam...Aaron and I are so happy you both got your little miracle!

noah said...

awww who ever knew blessings would spray pee and poop and vomit... even then he's a pretty cute guy.